TMJ Consultation and Diagnosis
A thorough consultation with Dr. Hill and his team.
After meeting with Dr. Hill and his team for a one HOUR TMJ CONSULTATION, we will discuss the cause of your TMJ problem(s) and possible solutions. There are many treatment options that can be tailored just for you.
During the consultation Dr. Hill’s team may request a digital CAT Scan of your jaws to observe any jaw joint disease or breathing issues. Our team can explain the costs of this service, which can be done within our office.
It starts by gathering scientific data:
1. Careful Observations of signs and symptoms of your TMJ disorder and how it affects your posture, muscle tenderness, jaw joint function and tooth and gum tissue damage.
2. Special radiographs of your teeth and jaw joints using digital, low radiation CAT Scan Technology.
3. Detailed casts of your upper and lower teeth.
4. Neuromuscular testing using the advanced K-7 instrumentation.
- Neuromuscular testing or ‘Scans’.
- Diagnosis and identification of bite and wear problems using several computerized measurements and observations.
A relaxed bite is recorded.
The bite recording is used to create models of your teeth in a relaxed position.
The way the teeth meet in a relaxed state is observed.
An Orthotic is made at the relaxed position. The Orthotic covers the biting surface of all the lower teeth.
No more tension
When your jaw is in its most natural and relaxed position, your TMJ symptoms will begin to disappear and the pain and discomfort associated with your jaw misalignment will disappear as well. The first step in determining the most optimal position of the jaw – where the muscles are relaxed and at rest – requires the help of sophisticated technology.
What T.E.N.S. does
A TENS or a Transcutaneous Electro Neural Stimulation (TENS) is a therapy for the treatment of facial muscle pains associated with TMJ.
Mild pulses are released on your facial muscles, to relax the muscles of your face and jaw. This procedure will determine the proper jaw position for your mouth.
The activity of your muscles and joints are measured and analyzed to create an orthotic. The orthotic will allow for your jaw to close to its optimum position. In this position, the muscles are at an ideal length and will not go into spasm.
Muscles will heal, joint capsules will heal and pain trigger points will go away.
Book an appointment today!